February 14 is not only Valentine’s Day, it's also Library Lover’s Day. Our chance to honour and celebrate libraries, librarians, bookworms, and library lovers in your life.
Whether you use your library for books, internet access, a place to meet friends or a place to learn, there's something everyone can love in their public library.
Libraries across Aotearoa are planning activities to show the love to librarians, library users and the wider community.
Did you know?
- There are more than 300 public libraries in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Libraries host more than 13 million internet sessions a year.
- We make more than 50 million visits a year to public libraries - in person and online.
- Librarians helped find more than 4 million answers last year.
- New Zealand public libraries ran 23,000 events last year.
Check out some of the great ways you can celebrate Library Lovers' Day on ALIA's website.